How Can Bankruptcy Help You?
Bankruptcy is a powerful tool you can use to eliminate debt. You get a second chance to rebuild your finances with bankruptcy.
- Ends worry, confusion, and stress over unpaid bills, creditor harassment, and not knowing if you’ll make it.
- Stop foreclosure, repossessions, judgments, and garnishments.
- Keep your dignity, home, cars, and personal property. What property can you keep?
- Helps you rebuild your credit rating.
Bankruptcy can give you a clean slate.
What are my bankruptcy options?
The best type of bankruptcy for you depends on what debt you need help with. Here are the main choices:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy – especially good at eliminating credit cards, signature loans, and medical bills. People like it because it is quick and inexpensive.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy – “debt reorganization” – often used to catch up on a home mortgage or car loan so you don’t lose essential property.
- Small business bankruptcy – if you have a business that is a sole proprietorship, you can use either chapter 7 or chapter 13. Businesses that are corporations or LLCs use Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
Why choose Cross Stone Law?
Learn more about Cross Stone Law.
Not ready to file but think bankruptcy may be in your future?
To avoid costly mistakes, read Dos and Don’ts When Planning for Bankruptcy.
You can also view our Wiki or blog posts for additional information on a variety of topics related to bankruptcy options.